DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT IN PDF FORMAT
“Pre-installation Inspection Guide” and “Post-installation Inspection Guide” herein). The application form for a Berridge Watertightness Warranty will be the roofer/installers formal request for Berridge to commence in the processing of a watertightness warranty file for the said project. The information requested on the application form is to aid Berridge to more efficiently carry out all steps of the warranty program. It is important that all information requested in the application form be provided immediately including the required attachments. Failure to submit required information and attachments (as requested in the application form) will cause a delay in the issuing of the warranty or possibly cause Berridge to not issue the warranty. The review of the architectural drawings is for the feasibility of specified Berridge panel system. A review of shop drawings for the project is also required. The shop drawing submittal must include the following and will be reviewed for such: name and location of the project, installation instructions for the general handling and installation of panels, flashing, underlayment and fasteners (Berridge has produced such installation instructions for its roof systems and with a degree of modification can be tailored to meet the requirements of individual projects). For felting details, Berridge’s typical felting details with a degree of modification can be used. A roof plan with all roof slopes and detail section cuts called out is required. Every flashing detail must show the relationship between the roof panel, panel clips, flashings, fasteners, underlayment, caulking and the building. See the “Shop drawings Guidelines” in this section for a detailed outline of shop drawing requirements. Please note a copy of the Berridge approved shop drawings must be on the project site. The roof installation must be as per the set of Berridge approved shop drawings. Failure to install the roof per Berridge approved shop drawings may be grounds for not issuing the warranty. During the field inspections, the decking and or purlin structure, felting underlayment, panel installation, flashings, caulking, valleys, penetrations and all areas of the roof which will be covered by the roof panels will be inspected. This inspection will be in compliance with the Berridge approved shop drawings and general construction practices. See the “Pre-Installation Inspection Guide” and “Post Installation Inspection Guide” contained herein, for a detailed outline of inspections. A field report will be written and sent to the roofer/installers. This report will cover all areas of the roof which were inspected and any required modifications to the installation to bring it in compliance with the Berridge approved shop drawings. The process of issuing the warranty will begin when the roof installation is complete and in compliance with the Berridge approved shop drawings. This process will include a review of the items covered in this letter, a review of payment for materials, equipment and services and the issuing of the Watertightness Warranty for signatures. Three copies of the Watertightness Warranty will then be sent for signature, typewritten name, title and date of signature to be provided by the Roofing Contractor and Owner where indicated on the back side of all three (3) copies of this warranty, after which all three (3) copies are to be returned to Berridge Manufacturing for final approval and acceptance. After Berridge’s approval and acceptance of the warranty, two (2) copies will be returned to the Roofing Contractor for their distribution. This letter and following exhibits are to aid you in understanding Berridge’s approach to watertightness warranties
- Competitive per square foot charges
- 2-Year, 5-Year, 10-Year, & 20-Year Term Warranties Available
- No Dollar Limit (NDL) Coverage*
- Single-Source Warranty Coverage**
- Minimum slope requirement: 3:12. Consult Berridge WTW Department on roof slopes less than 3:12.
- Warranty price schedule applies to Tee-Panel, Curved Tee-Panel, High Seam Tee-Panel, Cee-Lock, Zee-Lock, Curved Zee-Lock, Double-Lock Zee-Lock, Batten Seam Panel, and Spanish Tile systems. Consult Berridge Watertight Warranty Department regarding other Berridge systems.
- All systems above require Vinyl Weatherseal – except Double-Lock Zee-Lock & Zee-Lock w/ Snap-On Batten Cap.
- Zee-Lock, Cee-Lock & Double-Lock Zee-Lock require continuous rib.
- Roof design must be free from drainage problems. No dead valleys, parapet terminations, etc. Consult Berridge WTW Dept.
- Above standard price schedule applies to solid deck applications. More complex open framing applications may incur additional charges. Consult BMC Watertight Warranty Department.
- Berridge may request pictures in lieu of job site inspections at Berridge’s option.
- Warranties will be invoiced at 10% to begin the Watertightness Warranty Process, 45% after the pre-installation inspection, and 45% after the post-installation inspection.
- Terms for non-minimum charge standard warranty fees are 1/2 due at time of order, with balance due prior to warranty issue.
- Consult Berridge Watertight Warranty Department regarding pricing for conditions not listed herein.
- Review/Issue of non-standard warranty terms and conditions to be priced per inquiry. A minimum processing charge of $100 applies to requests for custom warranty terms and conditions. Requests for non-standard warranties must be submitted in writing to Berridge. Review/Issuance of non-standard warranties can take up to 2 weeks to process.
- Berridge Warranties are issued after all Berridge Watertightness Warranty Program requirements have been met and all material and applicable invoices have been paid in full as determined by Berridge.
- 10% Discount on Warranty Fees
- Fast Track Warranty Approval
- Warranty Fees are Net 30 from Date of Invoice, Eliminating
- Prepayment/Balance Due Prior to Warranty Issuance
- Roof Plans & Application: 4 weeks prior to bid date
- Shop drawings submittal: 3 weeks prior to material shipment
- Shop drawing revisions: 2 weeks following BMC initial review
- First roof inspection: As scheduled by Licensee and BMC
- Remedial work completed: 3 weeks following BMC inspection & report
Installer to review specifications for finish, material, & watertight warranty requirements & determine the specified warranty terms.
Installer to review architectural plans & specifications for panel design basis & determine which BMC product is applicable. The installer should consult BMC Sales or Staff Architect for assistance with product selection or substitutions.
Installer to contact BMC Sales to discuss this project, warranty & credit requirements, timelines, & appropriate Berridge products & accessories required to satisfy specifications. Consult Berridge Staff Engineers with technical questions or testing information.
If credit terms have not been established or are not up-to-date with BMC, Installer should contact BMC Credit Department to establish/update credit terms.
Installer to submit WTW application immediately to continue warranty program, basic project information including architectural drawings (roof plans, elevations, etc.), project specifications, & and valid email address to WTW Dept in Houston, TX for preliminary review of the warrantability of the proposed roof design. (Allow 1-3 weeks for review)
BMC to issue an acceptance letter if roof design is approved. BMC may opt to reject issuing a warranty on some complex roof designs.
After reviewing the scope of the project, warranty requirements, design basis, suggested BMC products, & after receiving project acceptance letter, Installer should prepare a materials list & submit to BMC Sales for an initial price quote. The installer should notify BMC sales person that project requires a WTW.
Installer to submit a bid and required submittals to the general contractor and await the awarding of the project.
If awarded the project, installer to submit the following to BMC at the earliest opportunity: Shop Drawings (2 sets) & Installer 2YR Warranty. If not already on file with BMC, also submit: Job Reference List, Foreman Resumes, & Current Financials
Installer to submit updated PO for material. Berridge to process & issue a work order confirmation for material, warranty, & inspection fees. Installer to return the signed confirmation of order and payment for warranty immediately to ensure timely inspections.
1st review of submittals and shop drawings. Will advise if modifications are required. 2nd/Final review to follow until approved.
Berridge to send out approved, stamped shop drawings. To avoid costly delays and additional expenditures, please adhere to the approved shop drawings. Consult your inspector or local sales rep with application questions.
Installer to schedule pre-installation inspection with Warranty Inspector. Contact inspector directly to schedule.
After Berridge’s Warranty Inspector conducts the pre-installation inspection, an inspection report will be given to the installer. Any deviations from the approved details will need to be addressed and/or corrected if necessary. Installer MUST submit correction photos.
Installer to schedule a post-installation inspection with Warranty Inspector. Contact inspector directly to schedule.
BMC’s Warranty Inspector to conduct a post-installation inspection. The inspection report will be given to the installer. Any deviations from the approved details will need to be corrected. Installer MUST submit correction photos.
If additional inspections are required, the installer should coordinate scheduling with the Warranty Inspector. Correction photos may be accepted in lieu of additional inspections. Coordinate with Warranty Inspector.
Upon final review and approval, Berridge will issue the warranty directly to the installer.
Technical, Submittals, Procedures, Inspectors, & Training:
BMC Houston – WTW Department
Phone: (800) 231-8127
Local: (713) 223-4971
Fax: (713) 236-9422
Pricing, Sales, or Credit Inquiries:
BMC San Antonio – Sales Department
Phone: (800) 669-0009
Local: (210) 650-3050
Fax: (210) 650-0379