AIA HSW/SD DESIGNING WITH METAL SEMINARThis seminar is approved by the American Institute of Architects for Health/Safety/Welfare and most recently for Sustainable Design. AIA Members will receive 1 LU/HSW/SD Hour upon completion of the course. Berridge Manufacturing Company has been an AIA HSW Passport provider of metal roofing seminars since 1998 and has presented this seminar to hundreds of AIA, CSI and RCI local and regional chapters and conferences, as well as individual and multi-office seminars around the country for more than a decade. The seminar is also a great educational tool for distributors or contractors who want to educate their sales teams about metal roofing. The Designing with Metal presentation provides an understanding of the benefits of using metal over alternative materials. This course covers both wall and roofing applications and how they are used within different construction building types. The design professional will learn which characteristics should be considered when choosing metal, develop an understanding of its sustainability, performance, finishes and best practices for its installation. Case studies and project examples will be provided to help illustrate the benefits, diversity and unique properties of using metal on various projects.
LEARNING OBJECTIVESAfter completing this course, the design professional will be able to:
- Discuss why metal cladding is being specified more often
- Identify the innate characteristics of metal that contribute to its superior performance as a cladding material
- Discuss the various finish options available with metal cladding and impacts on its performance
- Identify design challenges and best practices for the specification and installation of metal cladding
- Discuss case studies and project examples using metal cladding